PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 15:09
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

BA have never said they don't want Mixed Fleet contaminated, that comes from the mouths of others. I know of quite a few that have chosen to go to Mixed Fleet and some have taken pay cuts to go over. I personally would not want to go over but no one is making me.

BA has said anyone can move but they have to go over on the terms and conditions of Mixed Fleet and they want those people to want to be there. They have said, time and time again, that no one will be forced to go over. You have just swallowed all the scare mongering of Bassa.

No one is happy with the development of mixed fleet and and I do feel the starting salary is too low. However it is Bassa's refusal to negotiate that has made it all worse. It has got nothing to do with the huge number of us that could see you were waisting your time striking with someone like Willie Walsh in charge. It is a complete fallacy that we went to work to keep our staff travel, or were happy for others to strike for us or we did not want to lose pay. The reason that the vast majority of us worked was because we did not agree that striking was the way to get a settlement and we have been proved right.