PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 14:58
fly73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us not be in any doubt that the strike had nothing to do with stopping the New Fleet at LHR. If you refer back to the Unite The Way Forward Summary of Formal Offer Dated 10th March 2010, it states;

5. MFH- There will be a new separate mixed flying fleet for new crew, with separate terms and conditions and sole bargining rights for Unite. Alongside the introdution of this fleet British Airways has confirmed the following ongoing commitments to their current crew.

It then goes on to talk about Monthly travel payment, route access, new aircraft etc.

So for all those people who said they went on strike to stop New Fleet, you didn't. It formed part of your own Unions proposal to the company. Infact under Unites offer it would have grown more quickly as they wanted at that point to put a crew member back on theWW and EF aircraft.

I have been constantly shocked at the number of people who were prepared to go on strike without knowing what was contained in the Offer made to BA by Unite.

I left Unite in June, I will rejoin when they get their house in order, as I believe that union representation is important. Unfortunately BASSA are not representing their members interests. If I had gone on strike I would be very angry that 4 months since the end of the last strike an agreement seems no closer!