PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 14:37
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl

Management should be held responsible over what you are mentioning what this strike has caused. A full strike with very few crew crossing the picket line would have caused a huge chaos and I don't think WW would have ridden it out.

BA would have gone ahead with Mixed Fleet either way. Temporarily it might have been integrated with existing fleets but be rest assured that sooner or later they would have introduced a separate fleet. Remember this document regarding OC? They have been planning a new fleet for many years and why should they throw it out the window? Why cause a massive concern amongst IFCE for nothing? The document included that promotion and recruitment on existing fleets would seize. It also stated that they wanted the new fleet to look as attractive as possible to encourage secondment and transfers. As it is today, they don't want any of us on their new fleet because they don't want it to be contaminated. This is the sort of management we are dealing with and their actual view of us. Charming, hey? I have around 30 years left until retirement should I retire at the age of 65. Mixed Fleet will grow accordingly to natural wastage from existing fleets according to BA. That should be interesting to see.

Tiramisu

Should you ever again quote what I have said in the future, please do it correctly. I said that we want some sort of control of Mixed Fleet. Surely it should be a concern of yours that you want to make sure that aircraft and destinations are transferred fairly, especially as your pay deal is only for three years. If most lucrative destinations have been transferred by then you can be rest assured that your future pay deal will be a lot lower.

Ranger07

BASSA are not flawless. They have made mistakes. However, as I have to choose between our management and our union, the decision is easy.

52049er

Because if we don't have any control of Mixed Fleet we are going to lose a huge amount of pay as the most lucrative destinations would go over. Unfortunately staff on the ground don't understand this. Neither do our pilots. Maybe they will understand what we are fighting for should BA ever begin registering its aircraft in Spain.