PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 14:18
the flying nunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss M

You say that you did not strike because you can see what is happening. Here's a question to you. Could it be that you did not strike because you relied on others to do it for you?
Please don't do anything like that for me Miss M. If you should ever have a valid and legitimate reason for going on strike then I will join you.

Everyone who crossed the picket line is responsible for Mixed Fleet. Don't ever believe that you did yourself, or this company, a favour for not going on strike. It was a short-sighted, and may I dare say selfish, decision of you.
Why not see if you can stretch your memory a little further? The responsibility for mixed fleet lays squarely at the feet of the BASSA committee. They were the ones that whipped the small percentage of union members into a "NO NEGOTIATION" frenzy at the racecourse. By far the most selfish and short sighted decision of this whole saga was the one of DH to push for a strike at all costs. What makes you think he sees his members as anything more than cash cows and cannon fodder?