PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2010, 13:42
Gi Dem Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluepilot, you said:

Personally I would like to work for a company that has control of its long term costs, continues to expand and remains profitable despite the downturn! That secures my future and everyone elses at Jet2.

Should we understand that you think it's acceptable that YOUR OWN job security is achieved at the expense of new joiners who do the same job as yourself but are rewarded 30% less than yourself ?

And the "maturation" of their contract into a 100% one is left to the only subjective judgment of your generous management. It could last years before -should I say "if"- it ever happens again... remember, the general T&C of this industry have been constantly downhill for a while now. This "upgrade" to 100% may have happenned recently but it does not mean they won't find a way to circumvent it in the future... we all know how this industry is.

My point is that the dramatic deterioration of our conditions is also partly the consequense of the I'm allright Jack attitude you are showing now.
We like to criticize the french when they organize massive disruptive strikes to fight for their future, but at least, they do something unlike us. We only moan or simply accept the so called "economic context" explanation we are fed with, while the fat cats are getting fatter at our expenses.