PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have a new forum please
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 03:31
HercBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am what you call a FS2000 pilot.

For those of you that continue to read this post, I aspire to start my PPL in the next few months. I also believe that I have the sky, flying, airplanes and all of the related subjects in my blood, maybe because I was almost born inside an airplane.

While I understand that some posts by people of my unprofessional standing within these forums are naive or stupid, and that this can be very annoying to the professionals, I would hate to see my access to this site removed. It wouldn't be, many of you will say, but the point is, if you can post to the "unprofessional" forums or the limited one, which one would you post to ?

It would be a loss of information, enjoyment and education for people like me. Granted, this forum is meant to mainly service you, but are we, the rest, that much of a hinderance ?

I spend most of my time in these forums reading and educating myself and in everyone of my limited amount of posts, I believe I have made an effort of explaining my unprofessional status. I have only posted asking for more information on something I am not aware off but would love to learn from a professional, or in very few occassions, to make the view of the "amateur" known.

So, for the summary, please do not judge all of us non-professionals by the posts of a select annoying few and take away this source of aviation life from us. The moderators do an excellent job of weeding out the provocative posts, and when a post is not worth the virtual space it occupies, you are professional enough to recognize and ignore.

The non-professional's point of view...