PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 9th Oct 2010, 01:32
chadkhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say I am quite current. I got my license last year after completing MCC but Iīm still here and I would say very current, indeed.
I have a TR rating too and a contract. My dad flew for major airlines for 35 years but fortunately, for my own self worth, I stuck it out and did this on my own, without his help. I owe my flight school a lot of credit, my instructors, all the people Iīve befriended along the way, as well, who have helped guide me along.
Its just not worth stressing about, thatīs all. The thing to think about is that as long as commercial aviation has existed there have been out of work pilots.
P2F is just part of the evolution and what some captains donīt like is really their problem. Obviously no serious company will accept an incompetent pilot, even if he paid out of his own pocket. There are thousands of highly competent pilots out there with enough hunger to pay for it out of pocket and go absolutely anywhere.
So letīs just chill with the quick judgments, shall we?