PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ScotAirways
Thread: ScotAirways
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2010, 22:33
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by virginblue
LCY-EDI and LCY-DND ops on Scot's D38 are both ACMI...and the deal comes to an end at the end of December this year, after which CityJet take over full operation of both routes with their own metal
I thought the rights/slots for the route to DND and EDI belonged to Scot Airways?. Does anyone know if CB's crews are all based in EDI or is there a small base in DND?.

For many years and until about a year ago, I travelled on a fortnightly basis from LCY-EDI using AF/WX's flights. From my experience the flights operated by the D328's where much more reliable, punctual and comfortable, not to mention offered a far more personal and friendly service compared to those flights operated using WX's cramped RJ85's.

Originally Posted by WHBM
It will be a shame to see Scot go after all these years. They are well into c'rporate charters (not a lot the size of the Do328 on the market) for companies, football teams, etc, but the closure of LCY from Saturday to Sunday lunch squelches much weekend demand for the, especially from sporting teams who the aircraft is an ideal size for.
Is there enough work out there for Scot Airways to run a profitable operation once the Cityjet flights to DND and EDI are taken over by the WX F50's??.