PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2010, 22:15
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captainkingkong

Gosh! so many words...where to start?

Firstly, you may assume whatever you wish about my plans or status...your perogative.

Secondly, it might surprise you to learn than there are people out here on the sidelines who do genuinely care about overall T &Cs. "I think we can do that for ourselves, thank you" I am sure you can, how is it going so far?

Thirdly, I don't doubt that the pilot management genuinely want to offer more but they, of course are not the management to which I refer are they? (oddly enough, as I type this, 757Flyer has just posted in your support but actually making my point for me, very well actually). But sadly again missing the point, that enjoying working for a company with a decent bunch of guys is not the point here is it?

It was not my intention to turn this into a personal slanging match but both you and the student have taken upon yourself to defend these charlatans....your perogative...again but there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Every single point you make about other airlines could possibly be viewed as a genuine reaction to these exceptional times but this not new for Jet2 as I have pointed out a couple of times now, this is their modus operandi even in "good times"

Don't get me entirely wrong though, there is not a single management team out there today that wouldn't love to do what Meeson is doing and indeed some are to a lesser extent but that doesn't make it right and neither should it be defended by employees. By all means be grateful to be employed at all right now, I think that is right but do NOT be grateful to a company for "giving" you a job because unless it was an individual doing you a personal favour (and yes, I have experience that and will never forget it) then they are only employing you because they need you pure and simple.

If any business is in dire straits through no fault of of its own then I believe almost every single employee would work for nothing to ensure its survival but again that's not what we are talikng about here is it.

Jet 2 are NOT responding to market conditions but they using them to exploit some very, very vulnerable people and pilots in particular. Well you will just have to excuse me in joining you from the sidelines and applauding in your upschool support in such disgusting way of behaviour. If you are correct (ergo I am wrong) Jet2 cannot survive without applying such iniquitous conditions, then perhaps they shouldn't be in the market in the first place.

Gosh, now I've written lots of words, didn't mean to. There are all sorts of people, people like you who will defend crap practices every which way you can and there are people like me who will do the utmost to highlight them and attack wherever possible (look at the full title of this particular forum). Who is right? I am sure we both believe that we are... I know I am.

I must just make one final point before I go though. You stated :
There is nothing unethical laying the terms and conditions of each offer out to each candidate who has an offer of employment made to them
So you actually think that it is acceptable for every single pilot doing the exact same job to be offered entirely different terms and conditions? If I have understood you correctly then I give up...well almost because I never can.

Will be away for a couple of days now but please don't take my abscence as lack of interest.