PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2010, 16:09
Just another student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point of view is simple. I do not agree with the degredation of t&c's for pilots that we have seen over the past few years. I do not agree with pilots being offered 70% contracts and having to pay for training etc however given the state of the industry over the past 2 years or so, I can see why they are trying to employ cheaper pilots. Summer demand versus a quiet winter, I do get it and I don't think that people should be asked to work flat out over the summer and then take a cut over the winter.

Nobody is forcing guys to take the contract, it is there own personal choice and as I stated before, people that have joined in the past have been offered 100% permanent deals, as they rightly should be.The point regarding not being back paid for the summer months, I can not comment on at all as I am not aware of the situation.

Jet2 are not the highest payers, but then they have not made people redundant or attempted to force pay cuts on their work force during this economic turmoil.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course and I know there are people on here who do know what they're talking about. However I just find the word "shyster" when used to describe my employers as distasteful, whether or not I agree or disagree with the way recruitment has been handled.