PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Oct 2010, 15:43
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Miss M and Hubert.

I have worked for BA for 22 years and in that 22 years they have been nothing other than a good employer. You paint a picture of a management that I don't recognise at all.

In 97 they protected current crew when they altered the salary structure and again now they have agreed to protect current crew. All along they have said that current crew can keep their terms and conditions and they have bent over backwards to try accommodate this.

It is Bassa that always messes things up and has made all this change a complete nightmare.

I know all of you will say Bassa have always negotiated all your terms and conditions, they are wonderful etc etc. but that is not true. Since the late 80's Cabin crew 89(Amicus) have always done the negotiating while Bassa always refuse to talk and then afterwards Bassa always lie to their membership and take the credit for what CC89 negotiate!!!That's the truth.

It is their union in-fighting that has contributed to this mess also. Many of us can clearly see what is happening and that is why we did not strike.

I will however agree that Willie Walsh is probably not an easy person to deal with and that removing Staff Travel has made it all more complicated but in my eyes the true cause of this mess is the inflated egos of some of the union reps ie. DH. who seems to have developed a God like persona.