PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2010, 15:25
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just another student

You are entitled to your opinion just as I am but addtitionally I try not to chuck words around too lightly:

shy·ster (shstr)n. Slang An unethical, unscrupulous practitioner, especially of law.

Jet2 as I indicated earlier in this thread have always been cheapskates (for that read greedy), I recall their start up terms and conditions (in a good market) do you? Short answer is, they were WELL below the market norm for the time but they got some people, probably on the same basis as now but others, who were keen for a first command. So this present insult has nothing to do with the present economic situation.

The UK charter (or even semi-scheduled) model has always been the same, for as far back as I can recall. It is simplicity itself to fill any number of aeroplanes in the summer. The great difficulty is the winter of course and that's where the more mature companies had to improve to succeed as will any others. But did they start of with such appalling and insulting terms? No they did not.

I think you need to open your mind a little more. You have stated that you don't necessarily agree with what they are doing but in the next breath you said
Jet2 were THE ONLY airline recruiting in the UK, so why should they not try and get people in on reduced contracts
That is an appalling indictement. When you say that Jet2 are creating jobs, what do you mean by that? Are they "creating" jobs to help take pilots off the market or are the jobs being created due to their expansion plans to earn more money for them. Although the net effect is the same for an unemployed pilot, they are not the same thing. Please don't preach as if the likes of Jet 2 are being altruistic.

Jet2 not only want to pay bottom dollar, they want to 70% of bottom dollar as well as force would be employees to front up for their own training above and beyond that already paid out. Why do they do this? Because they can. And rather sadly you defend that viewpoint.

I take back not one word of how I have described this airline's management (see earlier post for exceptions) and you mustn't assume that there are not people posting here who just may know a bit about these people and this industry.

Man is not judged by his words or thoughts alone but by his actions.