PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2010, 14:25
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm

Some of you missing the point about the Dash vs Airbus.....it's about customer choice. I'm a customer therefore it's my personal preference. I've flown on dash 8s dozens of times in the last couple of years nearly always where there's no choice or where the schedule suits me better. For the dash lovers on this forum, try queuing to board one and listen to the disparaging comments from those around you about 'hedgehoppers' and 'old bombers' to learn what pax really think. Anyway as I said, it's my choice, others are entitled to their own opinion.

For easyflyer wanting to try the dash instead of the airbus option, if you do, and again it is your choice, here are a few tips for the journey:
1. Don't expect your normal cabin bag to be accepted, as it's unlikely to fit in the o/h bins on a dash. This might be an expensive surprise at the gate. No probs with this on an airbus.
2. Take an umbrella, you are going to be walking out to your dash and waiting around at the bottom of the stairs whilst people in front of you try to stuff their bags into the undersize o/h bins. No probs there with AF airbus as you will board through an airbridge.
3. Take earplugs if sat near the engines
4. Take something interesting to read as your journey will be a longer one
5. Leave more time for your connection as your dash will be parked in a bussing position at CDG.

But that's really the superficial part of my original post which posed the question: when does codesharing and co-operation between two airlines that have the whole market on a route (any route) become a cartel?

Also another question: how can a full service airline code share with a no frills airline? Would customers not be miffed about paying for a full service airline ticket and ending up with a no frills airline service?