PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Oct 2010, 11:04
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hubert,
The agreement is NOT for three years only!
It is the pay deal element that is only for three years.

This is what upsets me so much, is that so many people have been misled by union officials, who seem to be on a totally different agenda, than the one of negotiating a good settlement for us.

Some crew have been attracted across to mixed fleet already to be CS M's and Future Talent but no one is being forced. Probably more VR may be offered in the future but even with all this BA have told the city, who they are not allowed to mislead, that they estimate it will take 10 years for Mixed Fleet to be 40%.

Please take out the letter, with the agreement in it, that we ALL got from BA and reread it slowly. Not the version with the union add ons in, which is totally misleading. You will see that this agreement is valid until it is renegotiated and it is the pay deal that is for three years.

If you have not got the agreement I could try and reprint it here for you. Let me know if you need me to.

P.S. I am glad that we can have a good debate without the usual poster that just seem to want to insult and denigrate crew. I have started to just ignore these poster and just respond to balanced and productive posts. I suggest everyone does this too whatever side of the debate you are on.

Many thanks BG.