PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Oct 2010, 10:21
Hubert Davenport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a paragraph from the draft copy of Operation Columbus.

The strategy for growing the new fleet relies upon growth of the network, attrition in the old fleets and the appetite for existing crew to reduce their hours through voluntary part time, sabbaticals etc. Recruitment into and promotion within the old LHR fleets will be stopped, and routes transferred to the new fleet as crew numbers reduce in the old fleets. The scope includes designing packages to enable transferee or secondment into the new fleet. Given the difference in remuneration between the old fleets and the new fleet, an important part of the Columbus programme is to make the new fleet as attractive as possible in non-financial ways i.e. lifestyle flexibility, to encourage as many transfers as possible.

It is one of the most worrying parts of the proposal, to make the new fleet attractive I would imagine that the old fleet would have to haven degenerated into something rather awful.

Having looked at the document again I was shocked to see how much of it has become reality.

I do have serious concerns that the final part of the plan is the one that will damage our futures the most.

I have no doubt that our life at BA will be made very unpleasant in an attempt to drive us to New Fleet.