PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce accuses unions of living 'beyond cloud-cuckoo land'
Old 8th Oct 2010, 03:14
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By The Green Goblin... From Worst to First...We had cut costs so much that we simply had nothing to offer anymore. Our service was lousy, and nobody knew when a plane might land. We were unpredictable and unreliable, and when you're an airline, where does that leave you?
Does it have to come to this before some "non techie" in management suddenly realises that his airline is on a course to destruction my other word for staff morale? Or simply not seeing the wood through trees as it's too comfy at the top? I can see that this may happen in Singapore with J* as it appears to be well in advance at TWG.

Who in their right mind would want to be an airline pilot now, considering the pay and outlay required during their careers.
Something that has been talked about on here for years now, but the bean counters continue on this path where the outcome will one day backfire on them, as follows.

Top tier airlines will simply lower their requirements to get the numbers in.
Sooner or later the only startling numbers the bean counters will probably be reading, are hull loses, if this trend is allowed to continue. OK for them, they leave the office at 5.30.

To the credit of all concerned pilots & techies on here, maintain the rage. Out of all trades, I can't think of another where the "macro economic giants of corporate management" (non techies) elevating themselves to the top of the pay scale, in this case diminishing the "core value" of the airline industry, its pilots ccs and engineering staff.

Good pilots don't come cheap, created by the managers themselves over the years, by setting exorbitant self funding costs pilots have to endure to have a chance to get a start in the industry.

Edited to say...Rant over, I will go and take a Bex and have a lie down, just wanted you guys to know that there is a lot people in this industry who support you 100 percent.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 8th Oct 2010 at 15:58.