PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 23:17
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole exercise has developed into an embarrassing and insulting shambles. This two bit outfit, which someone has rather generously described as professional, dangles some positions in front of an ever increasing group of individuals looking for a start or an opportunity to progress in a once great industry.

But instead of setting out their stall cleanly, clearly and honestly, with a fixed set of terms and conditions, they actually commence a fishing expedition, evidenced not least by their telephone "interviews" which primarily consisted of embarrassed individuals trying to elicit what is the minimum package you will accept! And if you should dare to show any interest you might be invited to an assessment day at their shiny HQ (sorry adjacent hotel) Assessment? My a*se. It is only then you might but only might get to learn the shameful details of the package on offer....stuff you should have been able to establish on their website or at least during that phone call. Disgusting and appalling.

On this thread alone, here are obviously many enthusiastic and even suitably qualified pilots but is that enough? Clearly not. Take for example Turkish 777 (if he/she doesn't mind) Type rated and about one season's experience on type. Admittedly, relatively low overall experienced but not insubstantial either and definitely keen, heaven sent one might think for an employer eager to keep costs down but even that's not good enough so he gets a Dear John letter. Either they are getting shed loads of super type rated and experienced guys or they want to cream off the excess from the type rating costs. Evidence on here would suggest it’s not the former.

To those who have "missed" out, I truly hope and believe this will be a good miss in the end (Turkish 777, your TR expiry or LPC to be precise, is not a huge obstacle and can be renewed quite quickly for a few hundred pounds should that be necessary, not ideal but don't give up).

To those who told them to p*ss off (even if just metaphorically) well done.

To those already working for these shysters, don't take this as an attack on you, I know from a wealth of experience that every airline almost always has a great bunch of guys to work with in spite of crap management.

I f you care to look back to my opening post of this thread, I wondered if this was a forward looking company, advertising so early, what a joke. Overall, I think it is absolutely tragic to observe what companies like this are doing to the people in this industry and the hoops they are getting them to jump through just to get a job, not even a good one. I have always believed that good will win in the end but I do have serious doubts sometimes.