PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 7th Oct 2010, 22:53
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Sidebustle,
I know change has been hard but I really don't think it is going to be as bad as BASSA are scaring people it will be.

Yes Mixed Fleet is here and BA will make huge savings from it. They are also making huge savings from us working with less crew.

I recently had a meeting with one of the E/F Fleet Managers and she told me that she had been offered a move to Mixed Fleet but she chose to stay on E/F. She told me that there are NO plans to get rid of WW or E/F and that we would just gradually get smaller as Mixed Fleet gradually gets larger. She said that all new entrants would go on to Mixed Fleet but that would only happen as routes expanded and as WW and E/F crew retire or leave etc. NO ONE WOULD BE FORCED TO GO. She even predicted that there would be some promotion on both fleets as a lot of senior crew are due to retire in the next few years. She said she intended to help make E/F as good if not better than Mixed Fleet and could not understand why the union had taken such a hostile stance to negotiations that in fact were designed to protect current crew.

I choose to believe Bill Francis and this Fleet Manager. The choice is believe them or BASSA and I personally lost faith in BASSA years ago.