PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 7th Oct 2010, 22:25
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't posted for a while!!

Don't know what has happened with BASSA/Crewforums being replaced with an 'X'???

Anyway, the whole dispute has gone worse at the moment! The bad feeling at work is terrible - there is a MASSIVE divide between strikers and non. That's without the tension between Crew and other departments-volunteers. Also, people (including myself) are always paranoid about everything. Saying the right (or wrong) things, doing the wrong things, speaking too loud. I always do things properly pretty much anyway but still...

Whilst at the beginning of this dispute I did believe the 10% of crew being on MF in 10 years, I really am starting to doubt this now.... Why??? 1250 crew being recruited in 1 year - there are about 3000 crew on Eurofleet. Now I am not an expert in Maths and I know they obviously factor in turnover but... honestly??? And I do have quite abit of time left.

I also do think that the salary for Mixed Fleet is SHOCKING, and whilst CSM is reasonable for that much responsibility is quite a bit less than CSD and even Purser! Sorry, I know Market Forces and all that - but come on! We are living in the 21st century so around £1200 is not alot (this will be max take home - including allowances downroute - where just a pizza can cost £15 in some destinations!!!) Living in London too - looking around if you wanted to live by yourself your outgoings would be around £1000-£1200 minimum and that would be a bedsit in Hounslow... OK people can join elsewhere but first of all people deserve a good wage and also it is concerning if they do starve us of work. There are never any guarantees with anything, HOWEVER they are not getting rid of crew - if they starve US of work, or force us out/onto Mixed Fleet this is replacement of crew which no matter how you look at it IS unfair!!!

I assert that us (particularly post-1997 crew) are NOT overpaid anyway, particularly our starting salary. Will Mixed Fleet work??? Hmm... who knows it sounds very idealistic from a management point of view, and there is nothing wrong with them wanting to increase standards but whilst we do have some VERY SOUR apples, we do still have some of the best crew (IMO!) Not saying other airlines don't have crew as they do - but we do deserve our pay really. Not saying change in BA is not necassary AT ALL but is the way this whole Mixed Fleet being set up the way to do it???