PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Safety Academy? (Merged Feb '09)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2002, 20:43
Doudou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody!
Dear Haaron, I shouldn't call 25000$ a "couple of dollars" as you say. In this academy, I guess they ask for a big deposit, which I DO NOT recommend anybody to do, even somebody tells you all good about the school, everybody hashis own experience, don't get stuck somewhere because of the money. I did my private in a school around L.A(I heard that we have to avoid naming the schools), where they rent plane, and the instructors are freelance, no deposit, you don't like the guy, you take another one..., the instructor was awesome. OK, it took me more than 50 hours to go to the check ride, the chief instructor desn't joke with the stage checks (it's harder to pass him than the check ried itself),I flew in class B airspace couple of times, landed in Class C airport, stalls and steep turns under the hood, visited a FSS, he showed me ILS approach... and many others, landed in I paid only about 5000$, and I know that to get the comm-Multi-IFR, minimum cost part 141 was about 16000$ (so finally should be about 20000$), add,mmm, let's be totally crazy, let's say 4000$ for the CFI, that's 24000$...we are far away from the 60000$ of Vero Beach, and OK may be you have FSI on your record, but I was just thinking: 60000$-24000$ = 38000$ = >200 hours of Multi, so I think if one day I decide to pay 60000$ to get my commercial, I would choose a cheaper one and pay time block to build up time in multi....