PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 7th Oct 2010, 09:41
Flap33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staff Travel

I can't see ST being returned, it would be a major concession by the company and I think given the opinions on this thread we are in agreement that BA don't need do anything at the moment; BASSA appear to have been excluded from the party.

Given the Government Spending Review coming on 20th October and the expectation of 10,000s of public sector job losses I would predict that any call for strike ballot would be given short shrift by Unite - they really are going to have bigger fish to fry..... If BASSA are kicked out of Unite and decide to go it alone would BA still be able to go after Unite for damages?

In some respects, Unite might actually have to finish BASSA off themselves in order to protect the greater Union... If WW and Tony Woodley can reach an agreement I would suggest BASSA be de-recognised by BA and crew given the option of going straight into Unite Mainstream and accepting that the batle is lost, sign the new agreement (whatever that maybe) and get on with returning this airline to the top.