PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 07:36
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot believe you are surprised? The history of government in Pakistan tells us that truth is a far from common visitor. This and the other forum are unhelpfully littered with misunderstandings by so-called 'experts' of the way circling approaches are flown and aircraft approaches operated in general and the only way the 'mystery' will be solved is with release of a CVR transcript and FDR details - which I doubt we will see. To date we do not know for sure how many 'goes' had been made at this circuit, how the aircraft routed to the crash site, what calls were made by ATC/aircraft/crew or what the final manoeuvre was - it is all supposition and rumour.

Obviously 152 or so families would like to know what happened: whether the rest of the country cares - who knows?

I fear this will go down as 'unknown' and will be put down to mishandling by the PIC and hierarchical problems on the flight deck brought about by Pakistan 'cultural' influences. I cannot see any reason to place any significant blame on ATC or the aircraft for what was a supposed visual manoeuvre.

Luckily we in the west are more pro-active in trying to sort out aviation safety as PJ says.