PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th Oct 2010, 19:16
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Millitant or Moderate

What I find very interesting in the debate today, is whether BASSA/Unite or the PCCC would represent the interests of crew better? I would be a little naive if I thought that the bulk of contributors to this and previous threads, thought that BASSA/Unite was a good thing, but why set up another association to consult with BA? If BA are a reasonable employer, then a works council set up under the ICE regs would suffice. OK, you would not have negotiating rights, but negotiating rights mean nothing, if you cannot enforce a position and that does mean industrial action.

I understand that a banner is needed to draw people away from BASSA/Unite (I really want to say the T&G and god help us if Len gets in and my subsequent expulsion from Unite), but who is to say that the PCCC will not be made up of BASSA reps, if a deal is made by Unite with BA? There probably would be a fair few union cards ripped up if that happened, but could the PCCC be selective in its membership?