PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2010, 18:01
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received a phone call this evening asking me whether i could attend an assessment day on the 14th of this month, quick check on the roster and explained I was on a Edi / Ams and couldn't do that date, I asked if that was the only date available?

The response was " Errrrrrr well we don't even have that date confirmed I am just ringing around to see how many can make it"!!!

It is like they are making it up as they go along, the chap was however very polite and friendly but seemed almost embarrassed by having to be so vague.

He said he would keep my application live and that I might get another phone call to screen me. I took the opportunity to ask whether it was 70% or 100%, the response was it would almost certainly be 70%, he asked if i would consider that and i said it was not ideal, an awkward silence later he said well i'll keep it live and we'll be intouch!!!

My experience is TR 737 1500hrs on type, 1750+TT so maybe they are running out of people prepared to pay who knows, for me personally I'd struggle to live on 70% pay.

Just thought I'd pass it on.....