PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th Oct 2010, 17:27
numberfifteenplease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiramisu

Yes I admit, an error on my part calling it a contract instead of an agreement. Nevertheless, it's still an agreement from BA in writng that confirms my future earnings which is much more than you or other crew members have. And for that I am grateful to BA.
As previously mentioned - BA had an 'agreement' with it's crew in the past which it changed - how on earth can you seriously believe that your future earnings are 'guaranteed'. The only way it would be 'guaranteed' was if it was a contractual term - your signed 'agreement' is not contractual.

In Backing BA, we backed ourselves protecting our jobs and those of other employees in BA too.
Thats your opinion of course, in my opinion you have helped accelerate the demise of our job

As far as BA not protecting us, how would you explain Bill Francis offer that we've signed up to if that's not protecting our future earnings?
For a start it came from Mr Francis, and more importantly it is not a 'contractual' agreement

I have flown with several BASSA members who wished they too could have accepted the same offer.
I have flown with several non-strikers who wished they had striked - both of our comments are unsubstantiated hearsay

I'm very happy with the offer from Bill Francis and prepared to move with the times and work with BA.
Good luck

As far as I am concerned, I'm playing my part like the rest of the BA workforce in contributing to cost savings while protecting my job. How are you playing your part?
By working with one less crew member every trip

By the way, is BASSA the so called strong Trade Union that you are referring to that failed to bring BA to it's knees?
I suggest you re-read what I wrote -

Take whatever Bill Francis offered you with a pinch of salt - they will change whatever they want to change and do whatever they want to do. The only thing that could possibly stop them doing that would be a strong Trades Union and thats almost a thing of the past.

I emphasised the fact that BASSA is almost a spent force so I do not understand your point. BASSA is still the strongest trades union amongst Cabin Crew. There simply is no other viable alternative.