PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th Oct 2010, 17:06
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And here lies your first mistake - it is NOT a contract. It is an AGREEMENT - just as we all work(ed) to AGREEMENTS until BA decided to change them. You and your colleagues have been used - No current BA crew will be 'safe' from whatever BA want to do.
Yes I admit, an error on my part calling it a contract instead of an agreement. Nevertheless, it's still an agreement from BA in writing that confirms my future earnings which is much more than you or other crew members have. And for that I am grateful to BA.
For those of you who 'Backed BA' - you will not be 'protected' neither will 'legacy' (I love the way you Pilots are using that word) crew.
In Backing BA, we backed ourselves protecting our jobs and those of other employees in BA too.
For Tiramisu, HiFlyer14, Eddy et al - you need to understand that BA is a business, a corporate machine, a money making entity for it's shareholders, simples

BA is not here to 'protect' nor 'look after' anyone - it is here to make money.
You are stating the obvious and that is not in question here and neither are we oblivious to that.
As far as BA not protecting us, how would you explain Bill Francis offer that we've signed up to if that's not protecting our future earnings?
I have flown with several BASSA members who wished they too could have accepted the same offer.
Take whatever Bill Francis offered you with a pinch of salt - they will change whatever they want to change and do whatever they want to do. The only thing that could possibly stop them doing that would be a strong Trades Union and thats almost a thing of the past.
I'm very happy with the offer from Bill Francis and prepared to move with the times and work with BA. As far as I am concerned, I'm playing my part like the rest of the BA workforce in contributing to cost savings while protecting my job. How are you playing your part exactly?

By the way, is BASSA the so called strong Trade Union that you are referring to that failed to bring BA to it's knees?
Bravo!

Last edited by Tiramisu; 6th Oct 2010 at 17:17.