PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th Oct 2010, 16:38
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Mode

None but the strike in '97 was different. At least the new contract was integrated onto existing fleets. We are now facing a separate fleet which means the end to EF and WW fleets.

Ranger07

ST had no relevance in my decision to strike. Personally they can stuff it but as I have said many of our commuters are suffering from participating in a lawful industrial action. What BA did when they removed this concession was to punish every striker for being naughty.

Self importance? Of course. We are the reason as to why BA was once the world's favourite airline. Sure, some managers and desk clerks at Waterside might have put a few things together but the cabin crew are the face of the airline.

midman

What do you think will happen when we are too many crew on EF and WW fleets? They will either offer us Mixed Fleet (despite them being afraid of us contaminating the fleet) or show us the door.

BASSA offered different solutions which excluded crewing level reductions. BA weren't interested. At one point they were only £10 million pounds apart so I doubt that they have ever been interested in reaching an agreement.

Strikebreaking crew and VCC not minding their own business being applauded by passengers at the gate? Sure, that's certainly something to applaud at.