PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 6th Oct 2010, 14:51
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissM
BASSA have different numbers as to how many have claimed strike pay. I'm sceptical to information presented by BA as they sometimes tend to twist things to their own advantage.
Funniest post I've read in ages! I genuinely haven't read anything that Bassa have published that has anything to do with pilots, that hasn't been wrong, inaccurate or misleading. That's why so many of us find Bassa's 'word' so difficult to believe.

It remains to be seen whether there will be another ballot.....You say that BA can't get rid of those of us on the old contract. Why not? Because no cabin crew have been placed in CL before? That's no guarantee whatsoever.
So there may not be another ballot? So what has all this strife over the last 18 months+ been for? As for getting rid of old contract cabin crew, you can't just get rid of people without jumping through many employment law hoops, many of which curtail the ability of an employer to lay off who it wants to lose. It's just scaremongering to suggest otherwise, but it suits Bassa's tactics to develop in its members that sense of being under siege and constant threat.
Negotiation. Not imposition. That's what the strike is about. Satisfied?
Looking at it from a different point of view, when the Bassa reps said "No complement reductions" were they not IMPOSING their own solution on the cost reduction negotiations?

BA might be able to depart 100% of all WW flights should a strike occur. Customers however will not get what they are paying for. Flights crewed by VCC? VCC are not anywhere near the standards of some of us legacy crew. I have had the pleasure of working with some of them and I should certainly hope they perform better at Waterside or wherever they are based.
I should hope legacy cabin crew are better than VCC, who are trained to a standard to allow the flights to depart safely, and with some element of the service. But at least BA earns the revenue and the passengers reach their destination. (It's the only time I've seen a whole crew applauded by passengers at the gate)