PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have a new forum please
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2002, 15:27
747FOCAL

After reading all of the posts from this thread I have only one question:

Do the majority of pilots that are members of this forum truly feel that only certified pilots bring merit and valuable insight into the topics discussed on PPRUNE?

I am not a certified pilot. I am an engineer. When I am designing a product or am solving a problem I reach out to affected individuals(ie. pilots, mechanics, ground handlers). I have also used information gained from this forum. When I take on a project my hope is that the end result will benefit the avaition world, even if only on a small level.

I have found that the only way to accomplish the expected results is to gain insight from those that touch it and that means everybody. Yes, you get the occasional idiot. How hard is it to ignore this person?

It used to be that when you had 11 people sitting around a table talking there would always be the one idiot that keeps blurting out eroneous and worthless banter. The 10 smart ones would let him say his piece and then continue on without even acknowledging it. Nowdays, you got 10 idiots and one smart person.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we around here at PPRUNE know who the smart ones are and as aviation professionals should be smart enough to spot an idiot and disregard his posts without getting wound up about it.

Danny and the rest have enough to do and we should be thankful that they do that.