PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEPR - Seneca Advice
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2010, 10:57
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no expert with a grand total of 15 hours on the 1.

As you probably know the aileron rudder link is a little unusual and severly limits the recommended xwind - which rather defeats one of the objects of flying a twin. That said, I thought it landed pretty well in more than the recommended xwind but I didnt have the chance to explore the limits I would actually be comfortable with. I gather there are some really bad examples around but hopefully the one you will be flying is not. The single engine performance feels about the same as a 42 - it will certainly go up on one engine assuming reasonably normal conditions.

I would guess a good aircraft for your MEP as it is at least a "proper" twin but I wouldnt buy one for all sorts of other reasons.

You may find the first few hours in a twin a big step up - I know I did. I think that is normal unless you are a natural Sky God. All I can say is make sure you learn the cockpit inside out (know where everything is) and also make sure you learn ALL speeds / power settings. It will make the flying so much easier because to start with a lot more seems to be happening, the scenery will be moving more quickly and the last thing you need is to find you are struggling to remember the power settings.

Good luck!