PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 15:47
ndr1804

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Will this mean all pilots with cvd can't have an instrument rating. Why the hell not?. Half the bl**dy cockpits instruments are black and white anyway. Oh then comes their little favourite saying "but with all the coloured new efis glass cockpit instruments it will affect you,"...........well no actually it bl**dywell does'nt affect me.

Never had a problem deciphering instrument information black & white or colour.

They make it out to be such an issue, hell, next they will want us to stop driving due to not being able to tell traffic lights or cats eye's in road.

I'd love to know how many aircraft were manoerved by light signals alone at heathrow. How many accidents occurred due to CVD.last one was probably when it was a grass strip with Blackburn aircraft on it.

I'm sorry but my eye sight for flying has got me through the past 27 years with no restrictions on my class 2 license. (MUST BE COLOUR SAFE THEN>>>!!!!!!) Don't ever recall not being able to find an airfield, or runway or taxi light or even spot another aircraft in flight. Must of been those colourful WHITE strobes
Both my ICAO (hands off EASA)and JAA licenses are still running.

So it begs the question all those FAA and other countries pilots with CVD will they be banned from flying over here and EU...??????????? If not, go get your FAA or any other License and fly on that reg over here......Who gives a s**t who's name is on the license so long as you can legally fly for a living and do night or instrument....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT there will be enough of us out there.....

NDR1804