PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash - MoD pay up
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 13:20
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't bother with the very rapid trolls that have appeared already Tuc. The practicality is, how would YOU survive on a third of your previous income with no husband to give any support at all and possibly having to find a new home at short notice?

This is what Ainsworth said at the conclusion of the Inquest when he ignored the coroner's call to ground the fleet, without having read the coroner's summary.

Bob Ainsworth said:

"My thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of those who died in XV230. On behalf of the MOD and the Royal Air Force, I would like to apologise again to the families of those who died for our failings which led to this tragic incident.

"I would like to reassure all those concerned that the Chief of the Air Staff has reaffirmed to me that the Nimrod is airworthy, and that we are dealing with all the issues raised by this incident. The independent review of the airworthiness and safety of the Nimrod is ongoing.

"I have noted the coroner's comments and I will consider them carefully. The Nimrod is saving lives in operational theatres every day. However, if it was not safe we would not be flying it; it is safe with the measures we have taken and that is why we will not be grounding the fleet.