PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - See you at the bottom
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 12:47
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
I thought I remembered that being a bad situation for the pilot involved hugh? Hard to see pot that shouldn't have been where it was if memory serves, anyone else remember? And maybe hes just someone that likes to give us lower hour guys a go? theres very few of them still around these days it seems due to things like insurance.

Underneaththeradar, thats a fair point mate, I'd do my own research of course and ask around to find out just how much work they do get and i'd want some sort of guarantee from the employer as well, but i've yet to see anywhere that it says they'll pay under the award? Once again, thats another pretty big assumption to be making, all it says is Renumeration is incentive driven, which could quite possibly mean you'll earn the basic award rate but if you are personally responsible for increasing business through sales and talking to customers the boss may increase it or give you a bonus. Not saying thats necessarily the case but theres nothing in there that says the person who gets the job will be paid under the award.

And once again cutter796, your making another assumption that i'd bend over for this job. I said nothing of the sort and I don't appreciate the assumption that I would nor you grouping me in with Seaplanelover.

My entire point, your all making a lot of assumptions and twisting what the advertisement says and so far I haven't seen anyone with an real facts on it. Seems like we're all talking about pilot unity and getting together to help our profession as a whole and then this ad comes up giving lower hour guys a go and you all immediately make the assumption that is dodgy or that it'll be underpaid or that the successful applicant will be made to take it up the clanker for it.

I'll quite happily make up my mind when I have some solid information on it assuming I even get far enough through the selection to be able to ask for such information or when someone else comes forward with some solid information as well. Maybe you guys could try the same?