PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA IR Courses (including Converting FAA IR to JAA IR (Merged)
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 06:59
FlyByRotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allright. That's it... IR (H) in Europe. Any input is a valuable input!!

Hello PPRuNers...

I am stumbling hard into my 30's now, and I've been sitting on a JAA CPL (H) for quite some time. I've been flying a whole lot more than I've been logging, let me tell you. Currently sitting on TR's for R44 and AS350, I believe I will give this part of the game up, plain and simple, and at least
get my IR (H) Theory done. Don't have enough hours for that game either,
really, but it'll be a last resort kind of thing... People have gotten lucky before, as long as they had their ATPL (H) Theory done.

So, anyone have a good input on a good place to read IR in Europe? You see, I started an internet based course in Norway, and the whole deal was truly crap, in relation to all the theory I've read earlier, in the US and in Sweden, these guys are in it for the money, and I mean ONLY the money, because you are really and truly on your own once you start. I'm somewhat motivated after these years, but I'm not THAT motivated...

So, just out of curiosity... What would you, experienced as well as non-experienced guys, recommend?