PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 21:10
Gas Bags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading the email in the original post, and coupling that with the new head of QF engineering, I fear troubled times are ahead for the employees.

Having witnessed the Senior Kiwi management mindsets when Ansett/ANZ decided that Ansett engineering was not a vital part of the core company, which in turn created an era of low moral, of which I have not seen the like again, I feel for your futures.

As 600 said, they come and go, however you guys are in it for the long haul. It is no fun when the workplace is constantly under threat of change that brings no benefit to anyone (not even the company) except transient senior management.

The Kiwis have a different outlook on IR, as compared to Australia, and their system is catered more towards the employer as well. I am not suggesting that one is better than the other, only that they are very different and It is difficult for people like CN to not keep operating under the Kiwi IR ideals when they move to an Australian based company, especially if they are employed to bring about change in the workforce.

Once they start bringing in the motivational speakers and organising roadshows, you know your futures are not going to be as you envisaged them.

I would pay heed to zkengr's wise words.

Good luck.

GB