PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - See you at the bottom
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 12:33
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I shouldn't bother but...

"Dreams and stars in your eyes wont put your kids through school."
Family love and governmental assistance will. Worked for mine.
People who bring children into this world under those circumstances should be committed. Why would you put children through that?
. . . "cheapening my career choice."
No need to thank me,I'm not cheapening it at all, am on the contray trying to move away from this obession people have on PPRUNE to complain about pay all the time. You're cheapening it if the value you derive from flying is financial.
How can I enjoy the former if I cant survive without the latter?

. . . "I don't deserve a brass razoo."
Never said that.
Read above.
. . . "I'm so lucky that I get to FLY"
Yup. Surely you can feel it?
No. Physics and an eduction. (or should we praise the lord for the mystical marvel of this gravity defying act?)

. . . "that's what you're saying isn't it?"
Nope. Am saying 'wonder what (insert list of famous aviators)would think of all this (=your) negativity.'
I'm sure they'd be appalled of other young aviators being exploited after they worked so hard to develop the industry into what it was.

. . . "Why should someone expect to be paid for what others see as lofty amazingly unique experience."
I hope each time you arise and alight you too see it as a lofty amazingly unique experience ~ it'll help you, and those you meet, feel better.
At $99 a seat to Sydney its hardly unique

. . . "What about Brad Pitt?"
Think he's great for adopting so many children from third world countries and donating so much money to children's charities.
Taking them away from those who cant afford to look after them? Perhaps those who choose to take hand outs so they can pursue a hobby over meeting their life commitments?

Have you considered discussing with your family your childhood dream of becoming an actor, (drama did you say?), and perhaps giving it a go, after all God give us only two things - life and the will to follow our dream.
I followed my dream attained all my goals and now thinking about a family realise that in order to provide for them I need to get paid something more tangible than fluffy feelings.

Or should I apologise for expecting to be paid for the service I provide?