PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 12:07
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would like to believe that Chris Nassenstein is a positive influence for us, the employees, but I just wonder, after his face to face talks with the workforce has he realised the current state the previous management 'team' has left us in. We are totally distrustful of anything a manager ever says.

Chris is obviously having a go at trying to win back the workforce he's inherited and good luck to him, I for one would like to be on friendly terms in my train of thought with the whole company. As it stands for now its a pure distrust for anything they seek to do. QFuture, no one knows what it is. All I can guess is that its a way to do us all out of a job.

How about getting a 10 year vision for Qantas Engineering out of the management this EBA negotiation. If I for one knew where I would be in the long term, to the best of the company's ability I personally would feel quite different. If the vision is to service only the fleet so be it. Would Singapore Airlines ever give SIAEC the boot ? Would Cathay ever give HAECO the boot ? No they wouldn't. Why is Qantas Engineering required to tender for all 'new' work. The 787 will be no different to the 380 experience and all the joy that has brought to the workforce.

The future is as cloudy as ever.. And Chris, as most of the old timers say. they've seen managers like you come and go, talk big, deliver nothing, next.