PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - See you at the bottom
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2010, 11:05
weloveseaplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Mr. ...victim(?)

. . . "I thought this was a Professional Pilots forum?"
Yes it is ~ all sorts of flyers welcome.

. . . "Dreams and stars in your eyes wont put your kids through school."
Family love and governmental assistance will. Worked for mine.

. . . "cheapening my career choice."
No need to thank me,I'm not cheapening it at all, am on the contray trying to move away from this obession people have on PPRUNE to complain about pay all the time. You're cheapening it if the value you derive from flying is financial.

. . . "I don't deserve a brass razoo."
Never said that.

. . . "I'm so lucky that I get to FLY"
Yup. Surely you can feel it?

. . . "that's what you're saying isn't it?"
Nope. Am saying 'wonder what (insert list of famous aviators)would think of all this (=your) negativity.'

. . . "Why should someone expect to be paid for what others see as lofty amazingly unique experience."
I hope each time you arise and alight you too see it as a lofty amazingly unique experience ~ it'll help you, and those you meet, feel better.

. . . "why should he (Tiger) get paid?"
Don't particularly think he should especially as he wastes it on hookers.

. . . "What about Brad Pitt?"
Think he's great for adopting so many children from third world countries and donating so much money to children's charities.

. . . "I would LOVE to be in a movie"
Now you're talking - look at that you even used the word love and in capital letters no less! First time the sunshine of positiveness shone through that dark cloud. That's the spirit. It sounds like you had perhaps subconsciously wished you had followed the actors path instead of being one of those, "You know, those who fly for a JOB?"

In your second paragrapher you used the phrase "stars in your eyes" and later on you also said "acting is fun". Certainly sounds like one pilot's subconscious is trying to lead them back to their true calling :-)

Have you considered discussing with your family your childhood dream of becoming an actor, (drama did you say?), and perhaps giving it a go, after all God give us only two things - life and the will to follow our dream.

Last edited by weloveseaplanes; 2nd Oct 2010 at 11:44.