PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flying Whilst Employed Commercially
Old 14th Aug 2002, 05:05
Dale Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIK,
Just reconsidered things from our company's perspective, and having reread the part V exemption we operate under, I think we are required to account for all Flight and Duty times, as it specifically refers to private operations and under the definitions section, the definitions of Duty, as distinct from duty time is specifically spelled out. The exemption appears to therefore require all Flight and Duty times, regardless of Private Ops or not, be recorded. I should point out that this isn't really relevant to standard CAO 48 questions as posed above, but I brought it up for a little background information. It appears for our operation, we are required to account for all time.

Capt.
Your exemption appears to be the same as ours then. Personally I don't give a toss these days whether I have to record it or not as I don't do much private flying anymore, but it is interesting to "read the fine print" as such, eh?

BIK,
Speaking of interpretations, try taking an IFR charter into YHOT these days.............

It's a fun world eh guys?