PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Service centre.
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2002, 02:37
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good points.

In summary I do not blame the individual FOI's. Most of them are understanding and genuinely want to help. What the problem is is the screwed up system.

Heres another little story for you in Pruneland.

Some time ago I applied to put a C208 on the AOC, considerable work had already been done for the C208B so we had to re submit checklists. Casa new the time deadline that we required as I was about to sign on the dotted line. Now the application went from the service centre to Darwin.... to busy back to the service centre to Canberra.... to busy back to the service centre to Moorabbin (where I happened to be at the time)...... to busy.... back to the service centre and then into the hands of someone that showed authority. It didn't end up mattering on this one as the halfwit I was getting the caravan of screwed me but if it had of gone through I would of been in a spot of bother.

There are many many many more examples of the process not working... The 421C CASA FOI's are working with me and helping me... It is the system...

Oh one more favorite... (NZ registered with trans tasman agreement)
REIMS 406 paid $xxxxx to get it on the AOC, issued with a 3 month AOC,
paid more $xxxxx to get e 3 month reissue,
paid more $xxxxx to get another reissue???????

At $75 per hour its probably not to bad during constructive work but when time is wasted it gets expensive.....

OH heres one for you folk out there, CASA were flying a Cessna 210 around during there last round of bush ramping! What the budget been pulled in???