PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2010, 12:30
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HazelNuts39
The transfer of aircraft from one operator to another happens all the time. In the absence of a proper regulatory framework for these flights, I wonder how many of the pilots doing the acceptance flights are 'adequately prepared' for that task. Perhaps the regulators are the real culprits, not the individuals that died in this accident.
The CAA reference (http://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/876.pdf) kindly provided previously by PEI_3721 is very informative in this regard, the stall test section on page 41 in particular. Looks to me like the conduct of this flight would have breached those regulations many times over.

But even if those regulations or similar had covered this flight, would it have made a difference ?

I am not sure - the flight was conducted based on a document obtained from the manufacturer unofficially / illicitly, and specifically not approved by them for this purpose. The crew then proceeded to completely ignore that document as regards the alpha-protection test. Would they not have just ignored regulations too in order to squeeze the test in ?