PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann runway incursion in Dublin
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2002, 00:03
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another incursion today

Yet another runway incursion in Dublin this morning...
a Scandanavian 737 holding short entered the runway whilst a company 737 was on the approach...within 5nm i believe
no doubt FreeSpeed will have the actual nm.....but perhaps Dub ATC are reading this thread because the controller was on the ball and asked if they had passed the hold short line and entered the runway....to which the crew sheepishly replied "yes" and they were told to expedite and vacate onto Rwy34.....so once again although this time not ATC another potential situation occurs in EIDW....how long will this go on until the IAA/Aer Rianta club together to make better lighted markings and better comms...does it take for a mini Tenerife to happen with the airport boundary before they do something......

Yes i have been too told to "follow the Shamrock 321 ahead" to the holding point......was a bit wary....since tied to the tail of the 321 was a plackard saying...."don't follow me i'm lost too"
I have to say that for all the yank bashing that goes on on this site....ATC do give better instructions and a more willing to help even at busy airport like my home base of LAX.......
Also there must be a civil servant out there who is re-designing EIDW taxiways....because it is a little maze out there why not simplify things.......a standard taxi in and out would be alot easier...granted it depends on the runway in use.
If found that once vacated the active ATC gave a big speel of where you were to go....then handed you over to ground who gave a different speel and dare you question it, you are chastised like a kid on the air.....with a snooty reply almost saying" for the benefit of those who didn't hear it the first time..."
REALLY guys/gals in DUB ATC....get a life......you are not and will never be the MECCA of ATC.......so chill out......and just concentrate on safely getting everybody where they want to go