PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Recruitment Roadshows In Uk.
Old 29th Sep 2010, 18:20
Whippersnapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug, wind it in and stop sniping at colleagues who are as unhappy with the state of affairs as you are. All companies have their problems, but criticising the staff for their managers' actions is not going to fix anything - we're supposed to respect and help each other not be at each others' throats. Leave the inter-airline politics to the managers; at least they're paid for it.

Back on topic, I went to the LTN show. There were only about 15 attendees, seemingly a mix mostly of RYR, EZY, BMI and Flybe F/Os. Some had the hours, some not. I had hoped to see the room packed, but there was only one show at LTN and many of my colleagues were working, but there are other ways of finding out about the job.

The show was very slick and the contract offers a lot of money for existing F/Os to think about, especially those who are still single, but isn't going to tempt many current Captains and very few family men. The job and life look very exciting in the show, but reading up on ex-pat life (especially the article in The Independent) shows another side of it. Neither party has skewed the truth, but the papers and the company have very different perspectives.

Some will think hard about it and apply, others will walk away, and good luck to each. It's a big decision, especially for those with families. I don't think it's for me at the moment, though I wouldn't ever rule it out.

Whatever else you say about EK, though, their training system looks amazing, and I can't imagine them cutting corners on training or maintenance given what they clearly spend on infrastructure.