PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ambeo
Thread: Ambeo
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2010, 16:45
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Phil,

I never mentioned any numbers like 99.9999999% or 10% because I don't have them.

I think the operator does make a difference. If only one fatal accident can be avoided by trying to improve how we operate then it has been worth it, don't you think.

You are right, people don't die left right and center but there are plenty of incidents and close calls that never get reported. We better learn from them rather than pretend all is great.

I am not having a go at you or the company you represent. I am sure you run a fine operation. But please let's not assume that all operators are the same and please don't let the low number of accidets let us become complacent.

We all need to work constantly on being the safest we possibly can. He who says he has achieved everything that can be achieved in that regard is at best kidding himself.

One example: Western airlines have developed a pretty good system of dealing with safety isues fairly openly within the organisation. They even share info on incidents and accidents with the competition to make the industry safer. Safety reporting often follows a no-blame culture. How many charter operators have adopted that mindset?

Again, nothing against you or your company but a general statement which is worth making I think.