PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling the tower or a/g frequency even when flying above their airspace
Old 13th Aug 2002, 19:02
Chilli Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big.al

Call Wadd, they'll ident you. If they think you're getting a bit close to Gamston horizontally and vertically they'll tell you to keep the squawk, give Gamston a call and then come back to them when you're ready. Waddington are very acomodating in that respect (I fly out of Nottingham, even though I work a lot further south so you're getting more personal experience than usual here )

Whirly

I think the best thing as far as A/G airfields is concerned is try and produce a mental picture by looking at the map and seeing what they've got in the way of facilities, and how they are situated. 3000' over the top of them I would say listening out is sufficient but look at the map - how high are they? 3000' QNH over Leicester or Compton Abbas is worth a call. 3000' QNH over somewhere a lot lower then listen and look out.

ppl(a)

Couldn't agree more with regards to the likes of Stapleford - 250' between top of ATZ and London TMA it's not healthy not to talk

F3G

Nothing wrong with a good wind up

CM