PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O first officer requirement (regulations)
Old 28th Sep 2010, 21:09
AL-MEHDAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation F/O first officer requirement (regulations)

Dear members

First of all, I am sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I hope to get the answers.

As you know there are too many graduated pilot ( less than 500 TT ) these days and most of them now get stuck. Of course I am one of them. We applied for most of the companies in the area ( I mean in the Middle east) but they said : Oh sir we are so sorry we didn't accept pilots without Jet hours. We offer to pay for the Type rating in the TRTO they contracted with but we need to sign before paying anything and the answer also NO. Again, We told them : Ok we told them could you accept us then you can detect the fees from our salaries, the answer is NO.
So, now I don't know what is going on. What is the problem. We finished the CPL/IR written exams & we got the ICAO English pro. level 4 certificate & our licenses approved from our Civil Aviation Authority & we hold the multi rating with more than 300 hours up to 500 hours. I know most of you will say why you didn't try to work as a Flight Instructor, Again I would say no one will accept us to work with his School because they already have enough Instructors.

How most these pilots who are flying in the jets starts their careers?

What about the company's insurance? because some of them said : we know that your documents are complete but we can't accept you without Jet hours on type because this insurance.

What is the real regulations for First Officer to work with the low cost airways?

Should we need someone to introduced us to work?!!!! (you know the third world and these things happens every moments)

Really guys I am trying to write more & more & more but I didn't find the answers

Finally, I hope to accept my apologize about my language ( unless I hold ICAO level 4 )

Thanks and Regards