PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ambeo
Thread: Ambeo
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2010, 09:17
No RYR for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No RYR, you don't know anything about Ambeo and have no facts so I suggest you keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. Where do we claim to change the world?
Noticed that you edited your remarks as I nowhere stated anything about low hours nor any knowledge of the operation etc If you read what I say correctly it says:
  • go for experienced companies rather than small new ones
  • go for a larger aircraft instead of a Mustang for the same price

I did pass my informed opinion to the gentleman in question to be weary of any small start ups that have been touting statements like:
By definition, the low cost air taxi model is based on having a large fleet of heavily used, cost-efficient aircraft, spread across a pre-defined region and which are rarely flying empty.
or this one
Frank decided to move into CUBIC Ambeo in October 2007 to further formulate his business plan, having spotted a gap in the market for executive private jet travel between smaller airports in Europe.
I just happened to be in this industry doing this work since the late 90s at those smaller airports and the experience that both utilisation and empty legs are the main concern of EVERY operator Getting a new more effiocient airframe like an Eclipse or Mustang is not changing our industry: Charter X or Avinode are!

There are too many people from outside the industry that came in and who said that they found the holy grail and would build large fleets of low cost Eclipse and Mustang aircraft...

Acceljet in Iceland
Air Cannes
Atasay in Turkey
Bikkair Netherlands
JetBird
One Air Taxi
Pepe Jets
Poole Aviatiom
Wondair

All gone now or not started and I would second this comment from Phil 2 years ago:
I would thoroughly recommend getting a full copy of the Richard Aboulafia report on the Eclipse......very interesting.

"Combine the business costs of persuing the jet air taxi myth with government spending on air taxi infrastructure , add the cost of the Eclipse fiasco and you get many billions of dollars in destryed value. Jet air taxis and VLJ's, together constitute the worst misinvestment in recent aviation history"

Phil
So not knocking the company operationally but definitely knocking the model!

And hence my recommendation to J Class remains the same.