PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If the pilot of G-JPTV is reading this...
Old 13th Aug 2002, 11:21
DamienB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John - haven't got any non-EOS lenses, sorry. Not bothered about the Sigma & Cosina not working well with AF, the Sigma is up for sale and the Cosina will be joining it unless I get some good results from it in manual mode.

Price - have seen it for 1850 from one place in Cornwall, but he had no stock and no idea when he would get any. Ended up paying 2000, but 9 months interest free credit eases the pain.

Grim Reaper - I'll forgive you, call it 50 quid for the lens then?

Expedite - nope. Had a polariser on the lens. Light level varies considerably as you point at different parts of the sky - at 90 degrees to the sun the polarising effect darkens the sky nicely, but at 180 degrees it has no effect so the sky lightens dramatically, and I was over-exposing to keep detail on the subject rather than the sky, it gets washed out in the last two shots when I have turned to put the sun directly behind me.

mitten - if you want the original file to print out for posterity let me know. Apologies if any embarassment caused! Liked the fast pass just before this approach, also got a nice shot of that if you'd like.

This is not the only low approach I've seen at Cranfield and I would have thought that road warranted stop lights myself.

Genghis - I doubt mitten could have seen the lorry until far too late, there are trees either side of the road where it was coming from, and it would be totally hidden except from directly overhead.

Now, those free flights from the doubters... anybody got anything fast and noisy?