PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 12:07
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruiting

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say to all of you that despite having hours these days it is not as easy as you think to find jobs. Unfortunately the industry has suffered significantly in the last couple of years which has meant changes to T&C's. This is just a reality. They will hopefully change but before they do the industry in the UK will need to pick up. J2 are only doing what many already do, the likes of FR and EZY have changed our market for good. Now with FlyBe and J2 going down the route they are all capitalising on the poor conditions.
Ok all with slight differences but remember XL also did the same by taking on cadets and effectively giving them half pay to pay for the rating. TCX do the same. Before anyone shouts as I said all slightly differently.
Low houred guys and girls are very appealing as they are mouldable and very willing to take terrible contracts to get a foothold on the industry ladder.
Where and when it will end who knows. Speaking as an experienced FO there aren't many opportunities if you want to stay in the UK for whatever reason. To name a few the airlines that I can no longer apply are FR, Easy, FlyBe. In a decent market maybe TCX but unlikely with a 73 rating, Thomson and First Choice are out as they are down sizing and have just made 130 odd redundant. Monarch well, certainly not anytime soon. So you see there just aren't the jobs!
My advice take them if they are offered and you can make it financially work for you. I know many will disagree but until the industry changes the airlines wont!