PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2010, 07:45
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All:

Ok, tech questions, very specific. 3 multiple choice answers. Example: Red and white runway centreline lights are found on the last a. 900m b.300m c.150m
Seemed mostly Ops and Perf type q's with a few PoF and Instrs, what do you expect? Theyre all ATPL questions, its a tech paper for an airline after all. What did take me by surprise was the depth to which the questions probed, and i certainly didnt expect q's like the example i have given.

Teamwork, well you need to select your team. I have a group of friends who have applied, and will apply next time too if not succesful i'd imagine. I'm not gonna give the whole of pprune the edge when I can give it to them now, am I?

Rig job-I hate it. I worked 2 years to get the experience, paid aobut £1000 for certification etc, and got a contract that is paid by the day offshore. No guarantee of trips. This is the way it works for thefirst year, then you tend to be able to get a steady rotation, 2 weeks on, 3 off. (and for the time being, you're on about half the wage of those guys, although you are doing the same job, and more hours).

I was due to do a 2 week trip recently, had check in time for heliport, all job info. 12hrs before my check in, the job was cancelled. No pay, no alternative, just the next two weeks sat at home playing alot of Xbox and waiting for the phone to ring. Would I pay half my average offshore salary so that I could fly for a job, yes if i cant do it otherwise. to earn 26k, yeah, probably, cos I want to do it. Will I be earning 26k in 5 years? Unlikely. Small term pain, long term gain. Get it in perspective folks, nothing is ever perfect.

Thats about all I have, I tried just fact and I'm now going heavily into opinion, so for that reason, I'm out. Take what you will from my copule posts, hopefully some of you find it helpful.

Reload, wait for it....commence fire!